Seeking financial guidance is NOT a sign of weakness, it is a step toward financial freedom.
Personal finance is a sensitive subject and CCCS of the Ozarks has found that pride or lack of understanding is hindering one from seeking some kind of financial guidance.
When is a good time to seek financial help and start making some serious strides towards financial freedom?
- You have money coming in but it just isn’t enough.
- You are being notified of possible garnishments and/or judgments.
- Collection calls are non stop and keeping you up at night.
- You are arguing with your spouse about how money should be spent.
- Notifications in the mail of past due payments.
- You find yourself with little or no savings at all.
- Misunderstanding or lack of knowledge towards your finances.
- You do not see a decline in your credit card monthly balances due to high finance charges and late fees.
There are more reasons to seek help but understand that when you feel financial pressure don’t let it go on and on. Seek assistance from a professional that understands how to handle these situations.
Financial strain can cause health issues, insomnia, marital strain or divorce, depression, anxiety, feeling of hopelessness, and it may relay the wrong message towards money to your children.
Please don’t feel like you are the only person going through financial distress, there are many more going through something similar or worse.
We often get asked the question “Is my situation the worst you have seen?” The answer is NO.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the Ozarks in 2012 disbursed to our client’s creditors over $8 million dollars, just within our agency alone. Nationwide those numbers are much higher!
Don’t let it go on for too long, when you feel financial strain or just need a little guidance, contact us. When you are talking with a certified counselor, you don’t have to worry about how much this is going to cost you. We are a non-profit organization and our counseling sessions are free.
Call us at 417-889-7474 or toll free 1-800-882-0808
Connect with us at http://www.cccsoftheozarks.org/
Written By Beth Mincks, CCCS of the Ozarks
Member of the National Foundation of Credit Counseling.